Blue Horizons Granular Shock Chlorine -
Calcium Hypochlorite Granular Shock Chlorine can be used as part of your winterising programme for your outdoor pool.
Granular Shock Chlorine is a highly concentrated chlorine used to shock your swimming pool water on a regular basis, usually this should be done every 2 weeks or more frequently during hot weather, or if your pool water has turned green.
Granular Shock Chlorine is very effective at restoring sparkling water from algae infestation. Granular Shock Chlorine can be added through the skimmer. Also use this product if the pool has been neglected or algae growth has appeared on the floors and walls of the pool, or there has been an exceptionally high bather load.
Equivalent to Shock Xtra, Rapid Shock. Helps prevent and remove algae. Destroys swimmer wastes. May be used for regular disinfection. pH 11.5. Part of the BOAST system.
How to apply chlorine shock granules:
1) Maintain pH levels within the ideal range 7.2 -7.6. If the level is not in this range, adjust.
2) Maintain free chlorine residuals routinely in the 1 -3mg/l (ppm) range. Shock or oxidising procedures are recommended either weekly or fortnightly with a maximum of 10mg/l (ppm) for a full shock treatment.
3) Pre-dissolve this product in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product for 2.2 gallons (10 litres) of water. Stir well to ensure product is fully dissolved. Add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump is turned on preferably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
4) Repeat dose/application if necessary to achieve the desired level.
5) After using this product, pool water may become temporarily cloudy, so keep the filtration pump running until it clears.
6) After shock treatment, allow the chlorine to drop below 5mg/l before bathing recommences, and in any event wait for at least 30 minutes! Always test your water AFTER dosing and PRIOR to bathing.
| ||Dosing ||Rates || || |
|Water ||Volumes ||To increase ||chlorine ||level by |
|Litres ||Gallons ||1ppm ||5ppm ||10ppm |
|4,545 ||1,000 ||7g ||35g ||70g |
|11,360 ||2,500 ||17g ||88g ||175g |
|22,725 ||5,000 ||35g ||175g ||350g |
|68,175 ||15,000 ||105g ||525g ||1050g |
This is a 5kg tub.
*Product packaging may differ from picture shown